- 4 lbs. peeled eggplant cut into 1.5″ cubes or thick sticks 2″ long. Generally about 4-5 good sized eggplants
- 1.5 lbs. white onions sliced or coarsely chopped
- 7 medium sized zucchinis cut into 2″ strips
- 4 orange red or yellow peppers (mixed variety) – you may include a green pepper – cored seeded and cut into strips 3 cans (16 oz.) Italian plum tomatoes – or use fresh tomatoes of same amount or combination
- 2-3 cups BORSARI BLOODY MARY MIX
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 ⁄4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1 ⁄4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp. oregano – fresh or dried
- Fresh ground pepper – medium coarse BORSARI CRACKED PEPPER
- 4-6 cloves of garlic – minced
- Zest of one lemon
Line a baking sheet with foil, arrange eggplant, add a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with BORSARI CRACKED PEPPER cover with another sheet of foil and seal around the edges. Place in a 400 degree oven for 35 minutes. Set aside.
In a large sauté pan, add olive oil and each vegetable separately – sauté for 10 minutes and set aside.
In a large Dutch Oven, combine all the cooked vegetables with herbs, BORSARI BLOODY MARY MIX, tomato paste, tomatoes, garlic, ground pepper and lemon zest.
Simmer for 20 minutes to combine.