Borsari’s ORIGINAL or SAVORY SEASONING creates the perfect lamb recipe
- Pat lamb dry and rub entire surface with olive oil*.
- Generously sprinkle all sides of meat with BORSARI ORIGINAL or SAVORY SEASONING, gently rub to set seasoning.
- Pan sear lamb chops (2 minutes of each side) or rack of lamb (2 minutes/side) in 3 Tbsp. of olive oil to which 1 pad of butter has been added, heated to hot but not smoking in a skillet on top of the stove.
- Transfer to a 13x9" baking pan with rack, and place in a 400º pre-heated oven to complete cooking.
- Med-rare will register 130º on a meat thermometer inserted 2" inches into center (not touching bone).
- Well done will register 160º. Let meat rest for 10 minutes before carving or serving. Lamb chops can also be completely cooked stove top in a skillet.
- For a 1-1/4" inch thick chop, cook 4-5 minutes (for med rate) per side in a hot but not smoking pan, turning once. Let meat rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Roast leg of lamb is seasoned the same way and then oven seared using a roasting pan with a rack in a 450º pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350º to complete cooking. Meat temperatures and rest period are as previously stated.